Saturday, February 25, 2012

Message in Grammy's Hymnbook

A while before she died, Grammy wrote a note to me in her hymnbook and then gave the hymnbook to me. I think it is such a blessing to have it. Here is the note (I'll try to get a scan of it later):

Dear Marcy,

I give this book to you. Enjoy it as I have done. I have used this book and have gotten more enjoyement [sic] from it than anything I have owened [sic]. I am so glad to be able to give it to you. Use it as you would a dear friend. It is to enjoy, Love, and some times let off anger.

I love you.
Grammy

My siblings and I were the only ones that called her Grammy. Our cousins called her Grandma. Apparently she heard of somebody being called that and decided she wanted to be Grammy too, but that was before I was born and after my Warthen cousins were used to calling her Grandma.

As a side note, when I was growing up I used to go by Marci, but I guess Grammy didn't know I spelled it with an I.

No comments:

Post a Comment